My sisters and brothers wanted a way to keep up on what everyone is reading and doing. I made this blog for us, our parents and our kids -- and some friends.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Michael Sowa

Family, meet my favorite still-living artist. (Okay, I really hope he's still living.)





Cathy and I chanced upon a few postcards of his work in Cape Cod the fall I left Connecticut. It was too detailed and too evocative (I thought) to really qualify as cartooning, although Sowa is capable of that. He illustrates a lot of children's books, one of which is called Esterhazy. The original is in German, Alexandra. Another, La vie des animaux, is in French. The Little King December seems to be in English. I'll need a few dictionaries, but I think I'll buy them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home