My sisters and brothers wanted a way to keep up on what everyone is reading and doing. I made this blog for us, our parents and our kids -- and some friends.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

time passing

I wanted to have a party at my house next week or the week after, but it's a ridiculously busy time of year. I had an invitation all worked out and I liked it so I'm posting the text here. There were cool graphics to go along, but you'll have to just imagine them.

Cover: A frosted wintery window.

time slinks along, offering and reclaiming
until something makes you notice it
the leaves dying phoenix-like and
my bastard storm windows threatening to close me in
have reminded me to attend to larger cycles
(fall is temporary and so are we.)

Inside: Centered fuzzy painting of a house from a distance. Snowy yard, creek in the foreground. Many leafless trees. A warm yellow light coming through the window.

let’s stop and celebrate today
our friends
and all the good things we might not always have

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home